REFRESH FOR THE HOLIDAYS WITH 5 DESIGN TIPS
While 2020 has certainly been an unusual year, fall is around the corner and many of you are starting to think about the holidays. Since you’re likely spending more time at home than usual, you may have an enhanced desire for a refresh or update.
The featured project is a Point Loma, Calif. remodel — a relaxing beach-inspired retreat created for weekend getaways. With the assistance of my talented contractor, CairnsCraft Design & Remodel, we completely renovated the space to the meet the client’s five-star resort dream.
Maybe the transformation will provide inspiration for you.
- Cabinets and layout: Are style, color, and layout important? White, crisp Shaker-style cabinets and a functional layout offer an updated clean and simple look.
- Countertop and backsplash: Want to add a dramatic effect? Notice the pattern movement in this Cambria quartz countertop and backsplash.
- Built-in storage cabinet: Who can’t use more storage? Designed for shoes, with a seat for putting them on, this cabinet also displays decorative items.
- Tiles: Interested in evoking the sense of being near the ocean? These shower tiles have a rippled effect reminiscent of the sand at the beach.
- Vinyl wood plank flooring: Why invest time and money in hardwood floors when there are alternatives? This type of flooring is easy to maintain, looks like real wood, and is a fraction of the cost.
Diane’s take: It’s time to get started if you want your home’s makeover to be ready for the holidays.
Know someone who can use my design services? I appreciate your referrals and offer virtual consultations.