I recently attended an outdoor kitchen design event sponsored by the National Kitchen & Bath Association (NKBA) and Arizona Appliance & Home. After seeing all the exciting outdoor designs—which showcased high-end appliances, kitchen cabinets, weather-friendly materials and much more—I was inspired to write this blog post.
Here’s just a taste of what has my imagination in overdrive:
- High-end appliances. Options such as pizza ovens (very popular), grills (Lynx), smokers, and wine refrigerators make your outdoor space an entertainer’s paradise.
- Fully integrated kitchens. There’s no need to make repeated trips to your indoor kitchen when you have cabinets for storage, a sink, and your desired appliances and tools in your outdoor kitchen.
- Covered entertainment areas. Inclement weather won’t put a damper on your outdoor events when you have a full bar, TV(s), gaming tables, and fireplaces/firepits that are protected from Mother Nature.
- Stunning materials. You have so many great choices, including Dekton quartz, which is designed for outdoor counters, floors and walls; expansive folding glass doors opening to the outdoors; and elaborate and fully functional ceiling fans.
- Water effects. Pools with waterfalls and spillover spas are just two water-focused options that add some pizzazz and fun to your outdoor space.
- Beautiful landscapes. Trees and blooming plants are an excellent way to make any space your own by adding a welcome design component from nature.
Diane’s take: Those of us who live in Arizona and California are fortunate to be able to enjoy the outdoors almost year-round. That’s why outdoor living is so popular in the Southwest—plus it’s a great way to expand your living space for entertainment and relaxation.